- We were recently awarded an exciting contract to provide daily medical cover at Boscombe Down Airfield near
Amesbury in Wiltshire from Monday to Friday each week.
- One of our Training Instructors, Julie Sharp, recently qualified as a Mental Health First Aid Instructor and Jigsaw
Medical will be offering Mental Health First Aid courses very soon as a result.
- Jigsaw are delighted to announce that four of our trusted paramedics have been appointed as Clinical Mentors.
Congratulations to Nico Contessa and Aaron Johnstone in Basingstoke, and Elliot Forman and Mandy Strutt in
- Due to excellent performance in the area we are delighted to be opening a new operational site in Spalding,
Lincolnshire, to facilitate growth with EMAS.
- We are also in the process of recruiting for a Head of Clinical Care to work alongside our Head of Operations and
provide exceptional, patient focused leadership to our front-line delivery of care, treatment and safe transport for
emergency and non-emergency patients.
- We will also shortly be appointing a new base Operations Manager for Buckingham so watch this space when
Head of Digital, Neil Coleman celebrated his 34th birthday on the 14th January. Happy birthday Neil!
This week’s Meet #TeamJigsaw sees us getting to know Resourcing & Scheduling Specialist, Sam Jones.
- When did you join Jigsaw Medical?
I originally joined Jigsaw in March 2016 on a temporary basis, but after nearly 3 years I’m still here
- What do you do?
My official title is Resourcing & Scheduling Specialist, but my daily job entails:
Populating shifts and managing the workforce rotas for our bases in Buckingham, Spalding, and Chelmsford
Recruiting healthcare professionals across a wide range of jobs, but primarily front-line ambulance staff, ensuring the highest quality of staff. Working with the our clinical and compliance teams to ensure new candidates are ready to work on our ambulances.
- What is your favourite song?
Dominick the Donkey by Lou Monte. It’s a classic Christmas song to be enjoyed all year round, and if you haven’t heard it then you need to get it into your life!
- What is your favourite film?
It used to be Blood Diamond (love the accents) but now it is Jurassic World. Love those dinosaurs.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what would your luxury item be?
Definitely a pillow to sleep on. I love my sleep!
- And finally, would you rather…have the ability to fly, or the ability to read minds?
I reckon the ability to fly. Imagine how much better the daily commute would be if you didn’t have to sit in traffic.