Due to an exciting contract win, CRG Medical Services is seeking Learning Disability Nurses to join our team of clinicians and provide care within HMP Chelmsford.
Our Learning Disability Nurses will work in conjunction with the Head of Primary Care and take responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of allocated patient’s needs.
The working environment is challenging, and we are looking for resilient individuals who can use their clinical expertise and skills to take full responsibility of the health, safety and welfare of detainees.
- Full time / Part time contracts available
- Revalidation assistance
- On-going professional development
- Free mandatory training
- Free uniform
What the role involves:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate person-centred care for people with a learning disability through a complex client caseload including PMLD, mental health and challenging behaviour needs
- Act as care co-ordinator providing integrated care for people with complex physical and mental health needs or challenging behaviour
- Generate, keep and maintain accurate contemporaneous records of activity and other data
- Ensure that own practice demonstrates current clinical expertise and is evidence based
- Develop and deliver person-centred training to provider services
- Work flexibly to complete urgent nursing assessments to manage immediate risks as and when required
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings such as risk of admission, blue light, CPA and CTR, leading as required
- Work collaboratively across the wider multi-disciplinary services to ensure continuity of care from primary care, specialist services and within BLDS
- Create and implement positive behaviour support plans
- Contribute to the mortality review processes within service and support implementation of resulting of service change
- Engage in the discharge planning process as appropriate, ensuring good communication between BLDS and the relevant hospitals
- Deploy advanced and varied communication skills ensuring effective communication between service users including development of accessible information
What I need for the role:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years’ post-qualifying service
- Full membership of the either NMC
- 3 years residency in the UK
- A Right to Work in the UK
- Preferably you will have experience in a relevant speciality such as A&E, Walk in Centre, Substance Misuse, Community Nursing, Police Custody, Prison or other relevant discipline
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across the Merseyside, Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire and the East of England.
Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.