Due to an exciting contract win, CRG Medical Services is seeking a Nurse Prescriber to join our team of clinicians and provide care within HMP Chelmsford.
We’re recruiting an experienced nurse prescriber who will be responsible for providing clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care. They will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process and will work collaboratively with the team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
- Salary range £40,820 per annum
- Full time / Part time contracts available
- Revalidation assistance
- On-going professional development
- Free mandatory training
- Free uniform
What the role involves:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis
- Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care accordingly
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for patients with complex needs
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate)
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a management plan
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice
- Work with patients in order to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care
What I need for the role:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years’ post-qualifying service
- Full membership with the NMC
- Preferably you will have experience in a relevant speciality such as A&E, Walk in Centre, Substance Misuse, Community Nursing, Police Custody, Prison or other relevant discipline
- Independent prescribing qualification
- 3 years residency in the UK
- A Right to Work in the UK
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across the Merseyside, Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire and the East of England.
Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.