Due to an exciting contract win, CRG Medical Services is seeking Registered General Nurses (RGNs) to join our team of clinicians and provide care within HMP Chelmsford.
Our RGNs will work in conjunction with the Head of Primary Care and take responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of allocated patient’s needs.
The working environment is challenging, and we are looking for resilient individuals who can use their clinical expertise and skills to take full responsibility of the health, safety and welfare of detainees.
- Salary range £36,153 per annum
- Full time / Part time contracts available
- Revalidation assistance
- On-going professional development
- Free mandatory training
- Free uniform
What the role involves:
- Provide high quality skilled nursing services to patients within the prison setting using evidence-based practice in liaison with other members of the team
- Identify risks through the assessment process documenting and initiating appropriate action, reporting to the specialist practitioner
- To work within HMP Chelmsford across the health care service providing 24-hour patient care
- To develop and maintain evidence-based practice in health needs
- To provide support and advice to patients
- Participate in the promotion of healthy living and the prevention of ill health and disability through diagnostic screening, education and promotion of independence and self-management as a priority of care
- To be aware of and support planned rehabilitation programmes
What I need for the role:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years’ post-qualifying service
- Full membership with the NMC
- 3 years residency in the UK
- A Right to Work in the UK
- Preferably you will have experience in a relevant speciality such as A&E, Walk in Centre, Substance Misuse, Community Nursing, Police Custody, Prison or other relevant discipline
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across the Merseyside, Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire and the East of England.
Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.