Registered Mental Health Nurse
HM Prison Chelmsford
Looking for a rewarding job, making a difference to people’s lives? We have an opportunity for you!
CRG Medical Services is seeking highly skilled Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNS) to join our team of trained clinicians in HMP Chelmsford.
As a Healthcare Professional, you will be joining our national team of clinicians to help deliver our services to criminal justice system across the UK.
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively as a Registered Mental Health Nurse, have excellent team workings skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach.
Our RMNs will work in conjunction with the Head of Primary Care and take responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of allocated patient’s needs.
The working environment is challenging, and we are looking for resilient individuals who can use their clinical expertise and skills to take full responsibility of the health, safety and welfare of detainees.
- Full time / Part time contracts available
- Revalidation assistance
- On-going professional development
- Free mandatory training
- Free uniform
What the role involves:
- Provide high quality skilled nursing services to patients within the prison setting using evidence-based practice in liaison with other members of the team
- Identify risks through the assessment process documenting and initiating appropriate action, reporting to the specialist practitioner
- To work within HMP Chelmsford across the health care service providing 24-hour patient care
- To develop and maintain evidence-based practice in health needs
- To provide support and advice to patients
- Participate in the promotion of healthy living and the prevention of ill health and disability through diagnostic screening, education and promotion of independence and self-management as a priority of care
- To be aware of and support planned rehabilitation programmes
What I need for the role:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Full membership with the NMC
- 3 years residency in the UK
- A Right to Work in the UK
- Preferably you will have experience in a relevant speciality such as Forensic Mental Health, PICU, Acute or Community services
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across the Merseyside, Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire and the East of England.
Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.