- Ensure a 24 hour fully managed Forensic Medical call handling service is provided to Police Forces and the UK Border Force nationwide.
- Organise delivery of primary healthcare services to secure environments.
- Assist the Contract Manager in ensuring that shifts run smoothly and efficiently.
- Effectively manage a team of 6-9 staff.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the workflow of Team Members during shifts ensuring that there is proactivity during quieter periods.
- Participate in an on-call rota. (only when Control centre manager is on A/L)
- Manage team staffing levels, authorising annual leave requests and managing sickness absence within agreed parameters and Company policy.
- Ensure that shifts run effectively and deal with any issues proactively, escalating where appropriate.
- Monitor team performance, designing and providing training and escalating to the Control centre Manager where appropriate.
- Complete call quality and system reviews on team members.
- Provide regular performance reports to the Control centre Manager.
- Ensure that set KPI’s are delivered on an individual and team basis.
- Be accountable for the performance and development of your team.
- Lead the recruitment, induction and probation of new Control centre employees.
- Identify areas for improvement and efficiencies within the Control centre working with the Call Centre Manager to ensure these are implemented.
- Assist in the recruitment process for the wider Medical Services team.
- Assist in the out of hours’ administration of doctors/nurses for resource planners.
- Provide support in the management of Company fleet vehicles nationwide.
- Provide a first class call handling service for custody staff, being the escalation point for call handlers.
- Accurately obtain and make a computer records of the information provided by the Custody Units in relation to why a Doctor is required to attend.
- Manage the leaver process for Control centre leavers where appropriate.
- Interact with customers and other departments in order to resolve issues.
- Record any complaints/ compliments and incidents on a web based system.
- Pull roster reports from a web based application and update the web based application.
- Undertake ad hoc duties and temporary positions as required. This includes administrative support for the Management team or other areas of the business.
The role will work on a rotating shift pattern working an average of 38.5 hours per week 12 hour shifts