Are you a highly trained, experienced health care professional looking for new challenge?
CRG Medical Services has exciting opportunities for experienced Social Inclusion Nurses to provide effective support and interventions within HMP Chelmsford.
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively as a Social Inclusion Nurse, and demonstrate drive, commitment and self-motivation to deliver quality care and support.
Our Social Inclusion Nurses will work in conjunction with the Head of Primary Care and take responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of allocated patient’s needs.
The working environment is challenging, and we are looking for resilient individuals who can use their clinical expertise and skills to take full responsibility of the health, safety and welfare of detainees.
- Salary range £36,153 per annum
- Full time / Part time contracts available
- Revalidation assistance
- On-going professional development
- Free mandatory training
- Free uniform
What the role involves:
- Providing a competent level of care for service users, under the supervision of the registered practitioner, acting within the standards, protocols and guidelines of the mental health service
- Ensuring that the dignity and respect of patients is maintained
- Helping patients to gain access to resources including benefits and welfare rights and focus on accommodation and housing issues related to the inpatient discharge pathway
- Following planned interventions and monitor service users progress. Using a pragmatic and practical approach to working with people with mental health problems
- Providing feedback through discussion with the clinical team, reports and interaction with service users
- Delivering care autonomously in a variety of settings (e.g. home, community, in-patient, acute sector).
- Participating in the assessment of any clinical risk as required
- Recognising when problems occur and alerting the appropriate professional staff
- Facilitating individual/group activities as required
- Assisting the co-ordination of service user care, discharge or transfer as appropriate, ensuring both health and social care needs are fully assessed
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients on a ward
- Providing transport and support to outreach to community settings with the patient and others
- Carrying out other tasks or roles commensurate with the role.
What I need for the role:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years’ post-qualifying service
- Experience of working with patients with complex and challenging needs and the ability to deliver care and support
- Full membership of the either NMC or HCPC
- 3 years residency in the UK
- A Right to Work in the UK
- Preferably you will have experience in a relevant speciality
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across the Merseyside, Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire and the East of England.
Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.