Staff Nurse – ITU
Our private hospital based in Central London is looking for a staff nurse for the ITU Department. The salary offer is between £30328 – £38367, you will have 9% enhancement also and training will be provided.
The successful post holder will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing. They will be responsible for working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurses in their absence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrating an ability to record, monitor and interpret patient’s vital signs, initiating and evaluating appropriate interventions and reporting to the shift leader
- Continuously delivering plans of care, whilst taking into consideration consultant preferences, monitoring nursing outcomes and evaluating and adapting plans of care and reporting to the shift leader and / or medical staff as appropriate
- Working with junior staff / health care assistant / students and delegating and supervising the care in a fair and equitable manner
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin
- Intensive Care qualification
- Advanced Life Support qualification is desirable
- Experience within an ITU/HDU setting
- Able to demonstrate good presentation skills
- Able to communicate complex and sensitive information, gain cooperation where required and overcome barriers to understanding
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of Critical Care Nursing.
Applying is simple, you need to click APPLY and send in your CV. We will be in touch with you very soon or you can call Diana on 07974422597