Due to an exciting phase of growth and expansion CRG Homecare is looking for enthusiastic, dedicated Support Workers to join our team in Harwich, Essex.
What you’ll be doing
As a Support Worker you will be supporting people with different levels of needs, including learning disabilities and mental health problems. Within your role you will promote dignity, respect and choice and supporting the service users of CRG Homecare to continue to live in the comfort and security of their own homes.
What the role involves
- To deliver care in line with the service users personal ‘Care Needs Assessment’
- Supporting service users with medication
- Preparing meals and other light domestic tasks such as cleaning, changing the bedding, doing the laundry
- Supporting service users in leisure activities
- Assisting with person care needs (if required)
- Supporting service users to access to information
- To encourage and support service users to lead an independent lifestyle
What CRG Homecare can offer you?
- £8.13 -£8.50 per hour
- Free ‘Care Certificate’ training/induction
- Ongoing support to achieve your QCF2/3 Diploma
- An uncapped £250 refer a friend scheme*
- Free uniform
What you will need:
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- A passion for care
- Responsible and able to work unsupervised
- Flexible, Reliable and punctual; as you must be able to commit to attend all service users calls.
- Candidates must have 6 months or more experience in the last two years working in a supported living environment and preferably with challenging behaviour.
- Preferably have completed a control and restrain course and worked in this type of setting.
About CRG Homecare
CRG Homecare provides domiciliary care, supported living and support services to adults, the elderly, children and young people, within the comfort and security of their own homes and within the community. CRG Homecare can provide basic personal care through to more intensive support covering ABI, learning disabilities, autism and mental health. These services range from drop-in services to full 24/7 support packages
You will be employed as a Support Worker in Harwich, Essex.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply. Ask your local branch for more details.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. CRG operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.