A word from Chris Percival
This year has been an exciting year of development for Jigsaw, starting off with securing new A&E Framework contracts with London, East Midlands, East of England, South East Coast and South West. Recently followed by our ‘Good’ CQC rating, making us officially the highest rated independent provider of Emergency & Urgent Care Ambulance Services – this is something we should be exceptionally proud of and is testament to the hard work and dedication of our entire team.
December saw us become part of HCRG. This is an incredibly exciting move which will enable us to invest in delivering within our new geographical areas, and our goal to become not just the largest, but the very best Ambulance provider in the Country.
Throughout 2018, Jigsaw has responded to over 65,000 emergency 999 calls, traveling over 1.2 million miles. We’ve got some very exciting plans for 2019 which will see these already impressive numbers increase significantly and I’m looking forward to the next chapter of Jigsaw’s journey, with the support of the HCRG team.
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who is working throughout the festive period, spending time away from your own families, to care for others. Hopefully you’ll get a few minutes for a mince pie or two!
Chief Executive, Jigsaw Medical
And a couple of thank yous…
I’d like to thank all the team for their hard work over the last year – getting people compliant and keeping them compliant! Particular thanks to our two new receptionists, Louise and Claire, who have settled in really well and do a fantastic job.
Jan Pomfret – Head of Compliance
I’d like to thank Katharine Jackson for keeping the purchase ledger steady in what has been a rollercoaster year in the Finance Department. Also to Sam Kilminster who has been with us for over a year now, and has made the contractor timesheet and reporting his own. Lisa Walker deserves a particular mention for her commitment and for taking the bull by the horns in developing the payroll function whilst we’ve continued to expand our ambulance provision across the country
Callum Henderson – Finance Director
Highlights of 2018
- February – We donated the Honda CRV to the Buckingham Medical Community First Responders who voluntarily respond to emergencies in the South Central Ambulance Service area.
- 19th May – CEO Chris Percival married his fiancée Sammie in a beachside ceremony in the Algarve, Portugal.
- September – Provided full medical cover for the Virgin Strive Challenge 2018, where participants went from Italy through Sardinia, Corsica, and France to the top of Mont Blanc only by human power
- 23rd October – Pink Day at Jigsaw House (fun day at our Head Office that consisted of quizzes, challenges, and cake sales to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness). Total raised was £333.06
- October – Halloween at Jigsaw House with pumpkin carving and fancy dress.
- November – Remembering the 100th anniversary of the end of the 1st World War with poppies on all of our vehicles.